Spring Break Trip

The end of February marks the time when all college students start to get very excited about spring break. Spring break for ONU begins March second and it ends March eleventh. This is a time for students to forget about all of the schoolwork that they have done and just feel free for a week. Most student’s head somewhere there is a beach and nice warm weather. For me, spring break is not just a break that I get to spend with friends because it is when the baseball season starts.

Playing baseball here at ONU has been such a great experience and I love that we get to start our season off down in Florida every year. This year we are playing down in the Orlando area at the Russ Matt Invitational. This tournament has many great teams in it and the competition is amazing. The one thing I like about spring trip is that it gives us a good idea of how we are going to be the rest of the season. Having the opportunity to play teams that we would never play unless we were down in Florida is also a great experience. This year we are playing three to four teams that we have never faced. Our season kicks of with a double header against Nebraska Wesleyan, and I think that it should be a great series. Other teams we will face down there are full of great athletes from all different parts of the country.


While we are down there for baseball, we also get a few off days as well. We are scheduled to play ten games in a short span of time so having some days to relax and hangout with the family is key. I always like to use one of the off days to go do something fun and then the other one I like to relax a bit. This year my family and I are going to Epcot Theme Park and I am really looking forward to this. Also, another fun thing I like to do when down in Florida is go to MLB spring training games. Being able to watch the best of the best play down there is always a fun experience. I am really looking forward to this much-needed break down in Florida.

Comments

  1. Jordan, this trip sounds like a lot of fun with some good competition. I always enjoyed travelling with the team and getting a chance to know some people better. Plus, the weather will be a lot nicer down in Florida than up here in northern Ohio. Good luck at the tournament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading blogs on and off for the last 6 and a half years, I can confidently say this is the most thought provoking shit I've ever read. Keep on writing man, you've got a bright future ahead of you. Ever think of writing some homoerotic Harry Potter fan fic? I think it would perfectly suit your writing style. Anyway, good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment