Coke or Pepsi


Over the years one thing I have been asked a lot is whether I like Pepsi or Coke better, and why. Honestly I have always liked both and I am not too picky. If I were to choose one over the other I would for sure go with Pepsi. To me it is much more refreshing and enjoyable. Yesterday, I asked my teammates on the baseball team which pop they liked better.

Brandon Kasberg (Senior infielder): Coke. “I like the super bowl commercials and the polar bear mascot.”
TJ Storer (Senior closer/DH): Coke. “I think it has better taste and better consistency.”
Jason Burkett (Senior outfielder/Pitcher): Coke. “I feel like it’s the original.”
Dan Barna (Senior outfielder/book keeper): Used to be a Coke guy. “I do not drink soda any more, but coke was my go to.”
Hayden Shenefield (Senior infielder): Coke. “Coke is better than Pepsi but Pepsi products are better than Coke products.”
Luke Klinehoffer (Junior infielder): Pepsi. “I think it taste good. Also, they offer a large variety of flavors.”
Jackson Buda (Junior pitcher): Pepsi. “It has a nice, crisp taste to it.”
Caleb Thomas (Junior outfielder): Depends. “Is it a bottle or a can?” “If it’s a glass bottle I would have to say Coke.” “If it’s a plastic bottle, Pepsi.” “And with a can I would also say Pepsi.”
Austin Frey (Junior pitcher): Coke. “This is a dumb question… because it is better.”
Michael Rocco (Freshman infielder): Coke. “Because it taste a lot better. Pepsi taste like crap.”
Tyler Randick (Freshman infielder): Pepsi. “There is too much syrup in Coke.”
Krue Thwaits (Freshman outfielder): Coke. “Because it makes me feel good.”
Zach Maier (Pitcher, Graduated in 2017): McDonald’s Coke. “It is the freaking bomb.”

It looks like the majority of the team chose Coke as their favorite. If you all would like to have some input with this question, I have uploaded a poll for you all and I would like to see what you all think.

Comments

  1. I voted in your poll, but I am still going to comment to share that I grew up in a Pepsi household yet still somehow ended up liking Coke better because I feel like it is less sharp than Pepsi. I don't know it that makes sense, but it is my opinion! Thanks for providing me an opportunity to share this completely random fact about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jordan, BigDaddyW here. After seeing the strong preference for coke in this blog, I thought I'd share some of my past experiences. Like most that you surveyed, coke was my drug of choice for many years. It made me feel invincible to the point that I agreed to shoot off my pinky toe to win a bet for free a $5 Abercrombie and Fitch gift card. I honestly thought it would grow back. I was heading down a dark path, seeing my friendly neighborhood coke dealer far more often then I'd care to admit. My life completely turned around when my mom made me go to Jesus camp. The camp had almost no supply of coke, except for a single gram I managed to score off the youth pastor after trading him my shoes. However, the camp had a nearly unlimited supply of Pepsi, and I was able to ween myself off of my coke addiction. Since then, I've been a strictly Pepsi guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan,

    Interesting topic! Coke and Pepsi always seem to go head to head. Personally, I no longer drink soda. When I used to drink soda, I was a Pepsi gal. Why? Honestly, I think it was mostly because I was a rebel. I went through the phase where I did not want to like anything too popular. Coke was the most well-known and popular soda, I told myself I would drink Pepsi instead. I cannot remember whether I liked the taste better or not because it was so long ago. I like how you did this research and found out specifically why they prefer Coke or Pepsi.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment