The Art of Social Media: Send a Checklist

In this weeks reading of “The Artof Social Media” there continues to be many important things that everyone needs to consider in their everyday life. One thing I have noticed is that this book teaches you a lot about the important things to do when it comes to social media, but personally, I think this book gives you many lessons that you can interpret into life lessons as well. 

I am going to talk a bit about step 92: Send a Checklist. The author writes a few things that they find to be important when having an HOA, Face time or Skype call. Below is the list that they presented to in the book.
·      Do you have a Google+ account?
·      Do you know your Google password?
·      Do you have adequate lighting to illuminate your face from the front
·      Do you have a microphone or headset?
·      Does your computer have a built-in webcam?
·      Have you installed the Google+ HOA app?
·      Have you arranged not to be interrupted except by cute pets and kids?
·      Is your location quiet?
·      Are the ringers on your phones turned off?
·      Have you promoted the HOA to your followers and through your e-mail database?
·      Have you provided your cell-phone number to the host and asked for his or her cell-phone number?
It is very important to provide an in depth checklist like the one above so that when it comes time for the meeting, everything should be taken care of. Like I stated earlier in this blog, I think “The Art of Social Media” has many great tips but also many great take-a-ways for everyday life. When I am getting ready to head home for a long break from school, I ALWAYS make a checklist of things that I do not want to forget to take home. This ensures that I get everything that I need and nothing gets left behind. Other common uses for a checklist would be for trips to the grocery store, chores for the kids and planning for vacation. There is no worse feeling than getting to where you need to be just to find out you forgot to grab something you really needed.

Below is a perfect example of a checklist one may need to make before going on a holiday vacation. It has everything that someone needs for a vacation. The best part of a checklist is when you are working through it and you feel you have everything, but when you look at the list you noticed you forgot something. This keeps you organized and on task when preparing for any kind of trip.





Comments

  1. Checklist are the best way to organized, in my opinion. Your mind can only remember so much and by writing it down it enforces you to remember. Applying checklists to social media is something I have never thought of. I guess I don't use social media in a way that I would need a checklist but after reading what you had to say about trip #92 I definitely see why it would be important. This book we are reading has some great tips that can be applied anywhere. What a great way to use this trick and spin it into everyday life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment